Ideally located just 4km from the Victoria Falls and just outside of Livingstone, Zambia. Maramba River Lodge provides a most attractive all-year-round accommodation base in a shaded woodland setting. The Lodge is situated on a bluff overlooking the Maramba River. We are often visited by the resident wildlife with elephant wandering through the grounds at certain times of the year.
– Sleep 2 with en-suite bathroom – 6 Tents Available CHALETS – Family units that sleep 4 with en-suite bathroom – 9 chalets in total
Maramba’s private chalets are spacious and airy and nestle under mopane and mahogany trees. All our rustic, thatched chalets have creative mukwa and wrought iron fittings, en-suite tiled bathrooms, mosquito proofing with treated nets, ceiling fans, internal safe, and views over the Maramba River or floodlit waterhole. Our chalets are available in twins, doubles and family units that sleep 4.
Because of our location, Maramba is often visited by the Park’s resident wildlife. The Safari Tents offer en-suite bathrooms and mosquito nets all under thatch. These small yet well appointed tents offer the perfect compromise between budget and room facilities. Twin bed en-suite bathroom. 10 tents available.
Our Dome tent area named ‘The River Camp’ is set on the bank of the Maramba River They add a great variety to our other accommodation. Five 3mt x3mt walk in tents fitted with two full size single beds, bedside lamp and a lockable drawer. They have a dedicated ablution block with covered sitting area with views over the Maramba River. This accommodation is the ideal choice for school, church or voluntary groups or can be booked on an individual basis..
- Bungee jumping from the Victoria Falls Railway Bridge. Experience a 111 metre bungee jump into the Zambezi gorge.
- Zambezi white water rafting, acclaimed as the wildest one-day white-water run in the world.
- Victoria Falls tours allow you to get up close to the Falls, feel the spray of the smoke that thunders, be sure to take an umbrella.
- Helicopter flights over the Falls allow visitors to see the raw, powerful beauty of the Victoria Falls from the best possible angle – above.
- A microlight flight over the Victoria Falls is a must for everyone.
- Kayaking through the challenging waters of the mighty Zambezi downstream of the Falls.
- Feel the awesome power of the river with the absolute thrill of river boarding through the white waters of the Zambezi.
- Booze cruise on the Zambezi.
- Quiet daytime and sunset cruises up the Zambezi through the National Park
- See the early steam engines in the Railway Museum, which helped establish Livingstone as a city
- Canoeing on the upper Zambezi, some of the most beautiful scenes in Africa.
- Game drives and walking safaris in Livingstone’s Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park, the best way to experience the African bush. Abseiling, high wiring, rap jumping or Gorge swinging in the incredible chasm of the ancient Falls.
- Horse riding upstream from the Falls along the banks of the Zambezi.
- Expert birding tours in and around Livingstone or anywhere in Zambia.
- Fishing trips upstream of the Falls.
- Take a tour of the David Livingstone Museum, the largest collection of Livingstone memorabilia in the world.
- Meet Chief Mukuni in his Village and discover the traditions and savour the culture of a truly Zambian way of life.
- Visit the Curio Market and Livingstone’s Maramba Market place for a dazzling display of Zambian economic activity.
- Livingstone Island Visits allow you to see the Falls the way David Livingstone First viewed them.
- The ultimate safari experience is a day-trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana, which boasts Africa’s Big Five and the world’s largest elephant population.
- An elephant back safari is an unforgettable experience enabling you to interact with the elephants, as well as enjoy a unique ride through the wilderness.
- Jet Extreme offers Thirty minutes of unparalleled excitement: powering through the rapids of the mighty Zambezi.
- Lion encounters – The lions are unrestrained and roam free as you join them on a walk through riverine vegetation.
- The Royal Livingstone Express is a unique dining experience combining luxury with the charm of rail travel.
- Activity Centre for all local activities
- Camping Facilities
- 24-Hour Security
- Curio Shop
- Children’s Play Area